This page is about the trails of blood visible on each side of the hallway, and the trail of blood connected to the pool of blood on the carpet.
Note: near marker 9 you can see the trail is made up of a sequence of drops, meaning it must be blood dripping down from the gunshot wound.
It might be tempting to think that Travis died on the carpet, and the return trail was made by Jodi dragging Travis back towards the shower. However the return trail after crossing the carpet diagonally (which is inconsistent with dragging), is close to the wall, and appears to have been made by blood dripping down. Also there is no smearing, again, this is not consistent with dragging.
- A significant amount of blood was deposited on the carpet, but Travis was bleeding heavily from the gunshot.
- There are no signs of smearing or dragging at all, and the trail of blood is blood dripping down – you can see many individual droplets, as well as a continuous stream.
- The trail also runs very close to the wall, and starts diagnonally across the carpet.
- It also resembles the trail on the other side.
- A dead body will not bleed rapidly.
- In addition, where the trail terminates, there is a large undisturbed pool of blood.
For all these reasons, the blood trail was made by Travis moving himself before he was dead.
The conclusion : there are trails of blood on both sides of the hallway, Travis came down the hallway, bled on the carpet for some time, then turned and went back towards the linen cupboard.